In 1942 Stora Kopparberg purchased the mine, and began with the construction of mining cabin, workshop, offices, and drill-tank. Because of the Second World War the demand for iron ore was immense. The company also began the planning for the modern mines.
In the late 1970s the mines closed down. Underground galleries have been flooded and the buildings are now empty.
Guided tours by arrangement all year round. Please call +46 174-141 10 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ramhäll Rural Heritage Museum
In a former school house from the 1880s, which still has a preserved schoolroom from the 18th century. Please call +46 174-141 10 or e-mail to email@example.com.